by A. Grano on May 6th, 2010 at 7:00 am
Natural Ways to Get Better Skin & Hair
You’ve probably heard of some of the ‘tricks’ beauty pageant queens pull before a performance – such as dabbing hemorrhoid ointment under their eyes to reduce puffiness, or using plastic wrap around their thighs to induce sweating to help shed excess water weight.
While it’s debatable whether these methods even work (let alone if they’re safe), women and men alike are often apt to trying potentially dangerous ways to feel better about their appearance. Some even go as far as to try off-label prescriptions to enhance their looks, such as the recent trend in using glaucoma medicine to attain thicker eyelashes. With potential side effects including inflamed red eyes and cornea damage, these are not quite symptoms to bat an eyelash at (no pun intended).
Natural Ways to Enhance Skin Health
To help retain moisture, elasticity and reduce wrinkles, turn to nature! Many herbs have been used for centuries to promote and maintain skin health. Aloe ferox, Glycorrhiza glabra and vitamin E oil keep skin nourished, supple and hydrated.
To promote the healthy elimination of toxins that can lead to dull skin and blemishes, Cleavers and red clover are natural blood purifiers, promoting lymphatic cleansing.
Detox Drops™ promotes natural cleansing, detoxification and toxin elimination.
To support the regenerative processes of the skin, homeopathic Natrium muriaticum, Kalium muriaticum and Kalium sulphate help to maintain skin health and support.
In addition, try these skin health tips:
- Reduce your intake of alcohol, which increases capillary leakage, sagging and puffiness.
- Train yourself to lie on your back when sleeping, as sleeping on your side or stomach contributes to wrinkles.
- Here’s an excuse to pamper yourself! Having frequent facial massages helps retain moisture and elasticity and increases blood flow in the facial area.
- Exercise regularly to keep the blood flowing and oxygenate the skin.
Natural Ways to Enhance Healthy Hair
To stimulate healthy hair growth for lush locks and lashes, Ginkgo biloba and Rosmarinus officinale encourage healthy blood supply and circulation to the hair follicles and scalp. Another great herb to try is Field Horsetail, which is rich in minerals, especially silica, an important component of all connective tissues in the body, as well as hair and nails.
In addition, try these healthy hair tips:
- Help hair grow faster by increasing your intake of zinc and iron
- Avoid known hair growth blockers, such as smoking, caffeine, carbonated sodas, sugary and fatty foods.
- Use heat sparingly. Avoid using very hot water and limit the use of hot blow dryers, flat irons and other hair tools that damage hair.
- Here’s another excuse to pamper yourself! Scalp massages stimulate hair follicles. Using hot oil, (such as warmed olive oil) and protein treatments can help protect the hair shaft.