by A. Grano on December 9th, 2010 at 7:00 am
More family visits, lists to make and gifts to buy, obligations may seem endless. Kids at home add another element to an already bursting schedule.
This year, why not try and get your children and teenagers to help out in fun and creative ways that at the same time can actually make your life a lot easier.
Ten Ways to Keep Kids Busy during their Winter Vacation
- Have kids make their own holiday cards. Stock up on crayons, markers, stencils, etc. and plenty of plain paper
- Let ‘em loose on the wrapping paper. Teach them how to help you with gifts, or use the extra paper for origami projects.
- Get busy baking. Kids love getting their hands dirty in the kitchen, so let them help with low-key projects like making cookies, cupcakes, etc. or let them decorate your creations.
- Create an activity ’station’ where the kids can go to make a mess whenever they want, complete with board games, coloring books, toys, books, etc.
- Simplify your schedule by making arrangements with other parents to take turns watching the kids so you can go run errands, or just have a little “me” time.
- Buy grab food or make healthy snack packages – that way they can feed themselves when they get hungry.
- Beat bad weather outside - get some classic or new movie rentals and hot cocoa to keep the kids occupied for a couple hours if you need to focus on indoor activities.
- Create a chore chart. Let the kids take care of some responsibilities now that they have a little break from school – have them clean their rooms, rake leaves, etc.
- Check out local community activities/events. Often libraries, recreational centers or museums have monthly or seasonal special events going on for little ones to participate in.
- Get them moving. If the weather is pleasant but chilly, bundle the kids up and let play outside for 20 or 30 minutes, or go ice skating. Also consider sports like racquetball, basketball, or bowling, which can be played indoors or at a gym.
For more information Download our Free eBook Natural Help for ADHD in Children
For a homeopathic remedy that relieves hyperactivity, distractibility and impulsiveness in children with attention problems try BrightSpark™