by A. Grano on April 15th, 2010 at 7:00 am
Spend some time with a toddler, and you’ll likely be envying their flawless complexion. Spend some time with a teenager, and you’ll likely be counting your blessings to not be riddled with hormone-induced blemishes. Spend time with an elderly person who has spent many decades in the sun, and you’ll likely be inspecting your own reflection for signs of aging.
The quest for healthy skin is an ongoing effort, as we struggle against the inevitable hands of time, genetics, environmental toxins, and stress… all which play a part in our skin’s health and appearance. However, natural remedies can help maintain and even improve common plights like pimples and minimize wrinkles—gently and effectively, without the harsh chemicals and side effects of many over-the-counter products.
Clear, Acne-Free Skin
Two carefully selected herbal ingredients such as Melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree oil), Azadirachta indica and Arctium lappa contain antibacterial, anti-fungal and antiseptic properties and are not only effective for acne but for other skin conditions, too. Galium aperine (cleavers) and Trifolium pratense (red clover) have a wide range of therapeutic benefits that act as a cleansing tonic, blood purifier and lymphatic cleanser.
Homeopathic ingredients such as Natrium muriaticum, Kalium muriaticum and Kalium sulphate keep the skin well-hydrated, act as a blood and lymph cleanser, and support the natural healing and regenerative processes of the skin. Galium aperine (cleavers) and Trifolium pratense (red clover) are also useful in assisting detox and purification, which can lead to a healthier appearance.
For Overall Healthy Skin
• Drink 6 to 8 glasses of water per day to keep your skin moist, refreshed and supple.
• Apply moisturizer after a warm face wash to restore oils and keep skin hydrated
• Keep your face well protected from UV rays to prevent premature aging.
• Exercise to maintain skin elasticity and prevent wrinkles.
• Eat a healthy diet to provide the body with essential vitamins and minerals that will keep your skin fresh and well-nourished.
• Get good sleep – sleep will help your skin to look more healthy and fresh.
• Be gentle when washing and use a light circular motion. Be especially gentle with the area surrounding the eyes.
• Do not smoke – this depletes the supply of oxygen to the skin, causing premature aging and yellowing.
• Cleanse your face every day, preferably at night before bed.
• Do not use harsh chemicals on your face – a natural cleanser is best.
ClearSkin Skin Wash™ gently cleanses and nourishes skin to promote soft, smooth texture.