by NativeRemedies on April 6th, 2010 at 7:00 am
Homemade recipes, natural ingredients, and tips for lasting relationships are what make these ten our favorite blogs! We encourage you to take a peek at what these bloggers have to say. Try some new recipes, strengthen your relationships and dive into a new exercise routine with these inspiring blogs!
1. For the Love of Dog Blog- Offered to us by dogster.com, this blog has funny, heartfelt and informative information. We love this blog because it allows people all over the country to contribute not only as themselves, but on behalf of their dogs, too. Its easy navigation allows for related topics, so you can look up the same topic posted by other individuals. Also, you have the option to ‘bark back” (make a comment) to a subject at anytime, and anyone is welcome. For true fans, dogster.com has the option to get the blog through an RSS feed or directly to your inbox so you don’t miss a thing!
Along with dogster.com, for cat lovers there is catster.com; it offers all the same resources and it is the cat’s meow!
2. Healthy Child, Healthy World - If you have children, this may be the blog for you. healthychild.org gives you the best information from how to build a safer fire to how to naturally rodent-proof your home. It has an array of topics and gives tips for mothers-to-be. For school-aged children, heathlychild.org shows you how to pack healthier lunches and submit your own recipes for others moms to use!
3. Ask Me How It Works- This website is devoted to your questions about how herbs work on a molecular level— but don’t be scared, the answers are user-friendly and in layman’s terms! Ask Me How It Works was created by Holly Phaneuf Ph. D., a college professor, biochemist, and the author of Herbs Demystified. As a scientist, she explains how herbal remedies work. Ask Me How It Works allows you to ask any question about chemistry or herbs and even search old questions to see if yours has already been answered.
4. Yoga Journal Blogs- Yoga Journal Blogs offers the latest information on yoga all over the world. It gives us the Yoga Buzz, which is basically yoga in the news, like new gadgets, gimmicks, celebrities doing yoga, and the latest movies that feature yoga poses. Yoga Buzz is a fun and relaxed blog written by Erica Rodefer. Yoga Journal also puts forward the Yoga Diary Blog, this part of the blog is written by beginners, intermediate students and teachers. Even if you aren’t a fan of yoga, this blog’s informative and light approach may intrigue you.
5. Zen to Fitness- zentofitness.com offers up an abundance of information from workout tips, better nutrition and managing stress in your life to low-fat recipes. The blog was created by a passionate blogger named Chris; in his about section, he said that he created the blog after being obsessed with fitness and wanted to pass on some tips for balancing fitness and lifestyle. This blogger also shows us what else he is “reading”; in the far left corner of his page, he sends links to his favorite bloggers as well. So if you like what Chris is putting out there, take a peek at his preferred “blog brothers”.
6. Attitude- We all know someone (or maybe ourselves) with ADHD, and attitudemag.com thankfully provides a great blog to share trials and triumphs. Here’s where it gets fun: in this blog, you have a whole array of topics to choose, plus advice from dads, adults, coaches, and parents all dealing with ADHD in some way. My personal favorite is the ADDiva Blog. As the reader, we get in-depth articles about what is going on in this diva’s head- and let me tell you, it’s pretty funny!
7. Planet Green- Ladies, haven’t you been in a situation where you really want the hottest styles, the best accessories and the greatest skin care- but then you decide it would be wise to pay the rent instead? Well planetgreen.com hosts a Fashion and Beauty blog that won’t disappoint, with ideas on how to reuse last year’s sundress or make a honey-yogurt facemask with easy DIY tips. Green skincare, green accessories, green wardrobe– just a few of the many great green ideas this blog gives you.
8. $30 dollar date night – 30dollardatenight.com is a delightful blog written by newlyweds Emma and Denis. In their blog, they share the results of their dates they have had with each other, and let us know if they were a success or a failed attempt at intimacy- all staying within a 30 buck range. This couple also provides funny anecdotes about their day-to-day life as a couple. Emma and Denis created this discussion page after their first website, aptly named the same thing- 30dollardatenight.com, where the reader makes suggestions of dates for Emma and Denis to go on. This couple has a great time telling their readers about their low-cost dates. Check out their failed dates– very funny!
9. Naturally Savvy – naturallysavvy.com gives us a wide variety of blogs to choose from, but I am only going to introduce one, Clean Quick and Green. This blog chats about natural products that act as house cleaners- and of course are environmentally friendly. It proposes ideas on how to wash dishes, laundry and even clean carpets. These tips are brilliant. Here’s an example- use a piece of bread to place on top of a pot of steaming broccoli- the bread acts as a sponge and keeps the cooked broccoli smell out of the house!
10. Green Man Blog- Finally you say, a blog about MEN! greenmanblog.com was written by Dave & Rob. These guys left the corporate world and now spend their time hiking, climbing and biking across the country… but that’s not all these guys do; they spend their time spreading the word on environmental awareness, greening the earth and appreciating nature. Green Man Blog wants you to contribute to their blog by submitting your backpacking, cycling or hiking stories, photos and videos. This blog is fun for any adventure lover, both male and female- providing us with cool videos and photos to peruse.
What are your favorite blogs? Post a comment below and share with us!