by NativeRemedies on September 17th, 2010 at 4:12 pm
Ginger is probably better known for its anti-nausea effects but did you know it is one of the most proven remedies for heartburn symptoms such as acid reflux? You can take a ginger capsule or enjoy a cup of ginger tea after meals.
To rid yourself of heartburn for good, try incorporating cultured milk into your diet. Also known as kefir, cultured milk can be found in most major supermarkets and is loaded with healthy probiotics that promote gastro-intestinal health and keep acidity at bay.
Other tips to prevent heartburn:
- Don’t over eat. To much food in your belly forces stomach acids up into the esophagus.
- Avoid greasy, fried and fatty foods. These foods are harder to digest and promote over production of acid.
- Keep a food diary. This can help you determine what foods your most sensitive too. For some its tomato sauce for others peppers.
- Limit your caffeine intake.
- Avoid chocolate completely