by A. Grano on May 19th, 2011 at 7:00 am
How would you describe a dandelion? Most people would write off the plant as just another pervasive weed, but herbalists would likely consider it to be valuable herb with many medicinal properties.
Native to Eurasia and North America, dandelions can be found on all continents. An extremely versatile remedy, dandelion is most often used for its detoxification properties. It is well known as a liver and digestive cleanser, containing bitter principles that produce a tonic effect on these systems.
A beneficial effect on the stomach from dandelion includes increased digestive secretions, thus helping stabilize blood sugar levels. Dandelion also offers mild laxative effects, which can have a positive effect on weight management.
In addition, dandelion is also a powerful yet gentle diuretic, which can rid the body of excess fluid and even help lower blood pressure.
Another benefit from these internal cleansing properties is often seen via an improvement in chronic skin conditions, including acne, boils and eczema. This remedy for skin health is especially useful when paired with Burdock and Echinacea.
Dandelion is also a very rich source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamins A, D, C, and B, as well as iron, silicon, magnesium, zinc and manganese.
Products containing dandelion include:
- Aqua-Rite™ Helps maintain fluid balance in the body to discourage water retention
- Detox Drops™ Promotes natural cleansing, detoxification and toxin elimination
- EcoSlim™ Helps maintain a healthy weight & balanced metabolism, plus assists slimming programs
- Invigorate Skin Tonic™ Promotes healthy functioning of the epidermis and tissues to nourish and support firm, supple skin
- Natural Moves™ Helps maintain bowel regularity naturally with healthy open bowels