by A. Grano on December 7th, 2011 at 7:00 am
If you’re like the majority of shoppers, procrastination to purchase holiday gifts may be a familiar habit. However, finding the perfect gift for everyone on your list doesn’t have to be a last-minute headache. Looking for a unique gift idea? Give the gift of health!
Whether you’re shopping for your spouse, sibling, parent or friend, a healthy gift will allow the recipient to reap benefits all year long. Some suggestions:
- Gym membership – a much appreciated gift for anyone looking to finally stick to his or her New Year’s Resolution to lose weight, a prepaid membership is the perfect incentive. Bonus: give one to yourself too and tell your recipient they’ll have a motivational gym buddy!
- Spa day – perfect for type-A perfectionists who have trouble taking time to de-stress, a certificate to indulge may be the perfect excuse. Studies show that massage may also provide other benefits, from easing chronic pain, managing anxiety and depression, boosting immunity, and even helping control blood pressure.
- Healthy magazine subscription –for all avid readers, a year of fresh reading material is perfect for brushing up on healthy lifestyle tips, recipes, and more.
- Personalized gift basket with nutritious goodies – a visit to your local farmer’s market or natural food store can help you fill a basket with a variety of healthy treats, such as bags of premium nuts and seeds, organic dark chocolate (good for heart health!), natural soaps and more. By doing it yourself, you not only provide a personal touch to your gift, but can usually save a little money when shopping around for the best price, rather than buying pre-packaged.
- Natural remedies – for all your loved ones who fail to always take care of themselves, an assortment of remedies is the perfect reminder that you care for them. From daily vitamins to skincare and anti-aging products, there’s something for everyone on your list.