by NativeRemedies on June 14th, 2010 at 7:00 am
I’m fairly young and can’t really complain of noticeable signs of aging yet, with one exception: dark circles under my eyes. A little over two years ago during a particularly stressful time in my life they appeared- and never went away.
Although I’ve looked at creams to help, they are expensive and offer no guarantee of actually working. I thought; why not try home remedies first? After doing some research, I found a few options so simple; I decided to give them a try.
Here are a few home remedies I found to help reduce under eye circles:
- Apply a thin slice of cucumber over each eye for 15 minutes each day. Cucumber will refresh, moisturize, and brighten the area.
- Apply a mixture of honey and almond oil over the eye area and leave overnight. Honey is loaded with healthy antioxidants which nourish your skin, and almond oil moisturizes and brightens the skin.
- Apply teabags to the affected area. Teabags have a cooling effect similar to cucumber and help to reduce inflammation.
- Massage the skin around your eyes with a few drops of rose water. Rose water has a refreshing effect and balances the skin’s pH levels.
- Make a paste with a few leaves of mint and add a few drops of honey and lime juice. Apply the mixture to the affected area and leave for 15 to 20 minutes. Mint is a natural anti-inflammatory and lime is a natural skin clarifier, which also helps moisturize and nourish skin due to vitamin C and essential oil content.
What you eat has a major impact on the appearance of your skin as well. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, especially leafy greens, and whole grains such as oats, wheat, and barley. Drink plenty of water to maintain proper levels of hydration.
Stress seems to be a major contributor to the formation of under eye circles, so stress management techniques such as deep breathing and meditation can be used to help as well.
PureCalm™ works quickly to facilitate a calmed mood and soothed nerves.
Moderate exercise is another tool that can be used to help to manage stress, since it promotes circulation and the flow of oxygen in the body. Aim for at least 30 minutes a day of walking, riding bicycle, yoga, or light swimming.
Do you know any useful remedies to eliminate dark circles? Let us know, we’d love to hear from you!