by C. Markus on December 2nd, 2011 at 7:00 am
Over the past 20 years, an alarming trend has emerged: Obesity is now considered an epidemic, and we must do something to curb it.
According to the CDC, 33.8% of U.S adults are obese and 17% of children are obese. The biggest factor is our diet, and as many of us know, changing your diet can be extremely difficult. However, eating healthy will make you feel better, more energetic and overall healthier. It’s about making the right choices.
Here are some simple tips to get you eating healthy:
- Eat Right - Make the right choices by avoiding foods high in fat and sugar. Reduce (if not cut) fast food from your diet, and prepare home-cooked meals using fresh, unprocessed foods. Try inviting friends over to cook; this will make the experience much more enjoyable.
- Start slow - Many diet plans fail because they attempt to drastically change your diet. Try ordering something green like a salad once a day; gradually work to eliminate unhealthy foods.
- Eat smaller portions more frequently – It is healthier to eat small portions throughout the day. If you starve yourself through the day, you are more likely to indulge and over-eat later in the day. Eating small portions has been shown to be an effective way of cutting unnecessary calories.
- Eat slowly – We have a tendency to eat fast, so slow it down. It takes a few minutes for our bodies to really know if we are full.
- Eat a healthy breakfast – We have all been told breakfast is the most important meal, and it’s true! Eating early in the day helps boost metabolism, and will prevent you from eating a large lunch.
EcoSlim™Helps maintain a healthy weight & balanced metabolism, plus assists slimming programs