by C. Markus on October 17th, 2011 at 7:00 am
Bloating in the stomach can be a common occurrence – most of us will experience a bloated stomach at some stage of our lives. The feeling of ‘pressure’ and ‘fullness’ in the stomach, that can make it feel as though we are stretched to capacity or weighted down. It can affect almost every aspect of daily life.
Bloating is most often caused by trapped gas in the small intestine. This can cause flatulence (passing of excessive gas/wind) painful stomach ache and an uncomfortable feeling when wearing tight clothes. There are a variety of things that can cause this bloated feeling, including digestion problems such as:
- Intestinal Gas
- Peptic Ulcers
- Water Retention
- Trapped wind
- Over eating
- Dysmotility (a slow digestive system)
Bloating can be a serious problem for many, affecting every aspect of daily life. Luckily there are steps you can take to reduce bloating.
Here are a few tips to help prevent bloating
- Reduce the intake of carbonated beverages – Carbonated drinks can cause excess gas to build up.
- Stop swallowing air –chewing gum, eating too fast, drinking with a straw and talking while you eat will cause a build of air, try to avoid these habits.
- Exercise – This will help keep food moving through your digestive system.
- Drink water – Dehydration can lead to bloating.
- Eat smart – try avoiding, artificial sweeteners, Cauliflower, broccoli and beans they are a known to cause bloating.
Gasolve Relief™Promotes digestive calm and comfort after meals to alleviate gas and bloating