by A. Grano on October 14th, 2010 at 7:00 am
While your pet may initiate certain behaviors regarding eating habits and exercise, through the evolution of domestication, many of these normal processes fall under the influence of our hands. Therefore, making just a few tweaks in routine may greatly benefit your pet’s overall health and well-being.
There is much that can be done to support a healthy immune system in pets. Here are a few tips:
- Avoid exposure to toxins and chemicals as much as possible.
- Don’t expose your pet to second hand cigarette smoke.
- Give your pet a healthy varied diet – making sure to include lots of raw meat, fresh vegetables and fruit.
- Use natural remedies known to support immune system functioning –Echinacea, astragalus, goldenseal, elder and garlic have played a significant role in maintaining a healthy immune system.
- Ginseng is most suited for improving liver function, regenerating liver cells and ensuring general immunity against disease.
- As always, lots of exercise – the benefits are multiple both for you and your pet!
- Use Immunity & Liver Support™ capsules to boost your pet’s immune functioning and resistance against disease and infection.
- If going to boarding kennels causes your pet undue stress, consider investigating other options. Stress can weaken your pet’s immune system and make him/her more susceptible to infection.
- Talk to a holistic vet before immunizing your pet. Over-vaccination may stress the immune system unnecessarily.
- Acupressure massage is also helpful in improving immune system and liver functioning.
- Should your pet contract an illness, be a considerate pet owner and keep your coughing furry companion away from other pets.