by NativeRemedies on November 4th, 2010 at 11:14 am
Did you know the skin is the largest organ in the human body and is responsible for ¼ of the body’s detoxification each day? It is also the most important elimination organ and gets rid of approximately two pounds of waste acids a day.
The skin receives one third of all the blood that circulates in the body and is the first organ to show signs of imbalance. For this reason, dry brushing is one of the most simple at home methods of promoting overall health.
Dry brushing benefits:
- Helps to shed dead skin cells to eliminate clogged pores, improve skin texture and promote cell renewal
- Increases circulation and lymph movement to encourage metabolic waste elimination
- Promotes optimal blood flow to the skin which improves muscle tone and promotes a more even distribution of fat deposits helping conditions such as cellulite
- Stimulates the lymph canals which help drain toxins and mucous into the colon
- Stimulates nerve endings in the skin which has a rejuvenating effect on the nervous system
- Has a purifying effect on the entire body
Purchase a long-handled, natural bristle brush. Some brushes have a removable head with a strap for your hand.
Brush your skin at least once a day and preferably first thing in the morning. Begin brushing your skin in long strokes beginning from the bottom of your feet and working up, then from the hands towards the shoulders and torso always in an upward direction towards your heart. Try and brush several times in each area. Be extra gentle with your spine. If you have cellulite or stubborn fat deposits, spend some extra time in those areas using a circular motion.
The total time spent can vary, but for the most part, ten minutes is enough. Once you’re done dry brushing take a warm shower. Dry and moisturize as usual. I usually apply a natural moisturizer such as almond, coconut, or jojoba oil. After as little as a week, you’ll notice increased energy in the morning, and super soft skin! According to natural health experts, dry brushing every day for three months will provide thorough lymphatic cleaning.
Finally, never brush over cuts, scrapes, or rashes and don’t forget to clean your skin brush using soap and water once a week. After washing, dry your skin brush in a well ventilated, sunny spot to prevent mildew.
CelluTight Massage Oil™ is a nourishing massage oil that improves the appearance of dimpled, bumpy skin and promotes smooth skin all over the body.
Detox Drops™ promotes natural cleansing, detoxification and toxin elimination.