by A. Grano on May 9th, 2012 at 8:35 am
With this past year’s mild winter, experts predict it’s going to be a long, hot summer. All that heat means more exposed skin. And, for many, that means ramping up exercise routines and cutting back on calories to slim down.
- Have fun with exercise. Luckily, longer hours of daylight in the spring and summer seasons allow us more for time for exercise in the great outdoors, which can not only benefit the body but also the mind. There’s nothing more rejuvenating than getting some fresh air! Instead of resorting to a monotonous countdown on a treadmill, hit the beach or park for an early evening walk or jog, do some yard work, or go for a swim after work, all of which torch calories.
- Eat smaller meals throughout the day to rev up your metabolism. Always include at least one serving of fruit and/or veggies with every meal. Look for seasonal fruits and veggies to spice up a bland meal. Avocado is a great healthy fat to add to sandwiches instead of mayo or cheese, and watermelon is a great substitute for dessert.
- Sensibly season your foods. Boredom is a huge factor behind overindulgence. Read food labels and reduce your intake of added sugar, corn syrup and salt. Use fresh herbs and spices to enhance taste instead.
- Increase your water intake. Drink more water between meals, especially if you’re working out more.
- Don’t ban certain foods. Experts agree that deprivation often leads to binging. So, enjoy your favorite treats. But always keep moderation in mind! Also, don’t be afraid of ‘bad’ foods. Eggs are often avoided by some due to their cholesterol content but, when eaten occasionally, deliver a good source of protein. Also, carbs are NOT the enemy! Just be sure to choose whole-grain varieties of pasta and bread. While high in calories, nuts are another good fat and are rich in fiber and protein, which helps stabilize blood sugar to reduce sugar cravings and hunger.
EcoSlim™ helps maintain a healthy weight & balanced metabolism, plus assists slimming programs.*